Sunday, July 11, 2010

Product Elimination

This is an update only in the sense that I've stopped using some products.  I haven't found replacements for all of them yet, but I will someday...

For now, here's what I've stopped using:
1. Banana Boat SPF chapstick.  That stuff just seems not good for me, and until I find a chapstick with SPF that's safe, I'll just go without the sunscreen aspect.

Old score:7
New score: none

2. Softlips chapstick (the cherry kind, not the pomegranate organic stuff that rocks).  I stopped using this simply because I ran out, but couldn't find just the organic stuff at the store yet.  When I do I'll just buy more of that.  Until then, I'll do with what I have...

Old score: 7
New score: none

3. Carmex in the tub.  Same story as the softlips.  I was alarmed by the score here, so I'll just make do until I find better options.

Old score: 7
New score: none

4. Bath and Body Works Midnight Pomegranate Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Soap.  I ran out.  And didn't feel like buying more, considering the score.  I've been using homemade soap instead, which I can't imagine has a score more than 1.  So that's what I'm calling it.


Old score: 8
New score: 1


So that takes us to this place: Before: 16 products, score of 87, average 5.44
Now, 13 products, score of 59, average 4.54


Woohoo!  Don't want to get too excited yet, however, since I haven't fully cataloged all of the products I use, especially my makeup.  But for now, it's good :)

No comments: