Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chapasticka

Went to Target and picked up some new Softlips -- It was a double pack with this new lip tint stuff and a bonus pomegranate organic one. Oh Softlips, how I do love you, and cannot deny buying your amazing two-packs. Let's see how this affects my score

Previous score: 6.21

1. Softlips Pure SPF 15 shell pink sheer lip tint          

Have to enter this one in the database...The package claims it's 100% natural, so let's see what we come up with. ...a 3. Well, a 3 isn't too bad. The bulk of the ingredients are 1s and 0s, with the highest being a 4 (Flavor...what? Flavor??). Zinc Oxide is the SPF ingredient, and it's only a 2, so that's pretty promising, since so much of what I've seen is SPF ingredients that have horribly high scores. Overall, I'm pretty pleased!

HAZARD SCORE: 3

2. Softlips Pomegranate organic lip balm    

HAZARD SCORE: 1 (Score!)

As a side note, Softlips is cruelty-free, so that's good :)

These are two NEW products, so we now have 16 products, a total score of 91.

My new average score (drumroll please): 5.69

Yahoo! I'm still going to call it a 6, but it shows how a few good products can really help.

No comments: