Saturday, May 22, 2010

Soapy Switcheroo

After seeing that the score for my 'natural' body wash was a 5, I started to think I could do better pretty easily.  So I rummaged around in my basket of bathroom stuff, and found one of the free samples I got at the beauty product toxin discussion back in college.  It was a bar of peppermint castile soap.  When I got it I had smelled it and thought it was not very pleasant...peppermint isn't my favorite smell.  Feeling compelled at this moment, however, I went a little farther and removed the paper wrapping from the soap, to discover that all I was smelling was paper and ink, because the soap itself smells like nothing.  Feeling slightly like a moron, I gave it a test run in the shower.  It foamed up really nicely on my loofah, and was AMAZING!  It left my skin super soft, made shaving really easy, and continued to smell like nothing.  My skin is usually rather irritated after showering, and there was none of that.  The bar has appeared to stay exactly the same shape from when I started using it, and at around 3ish dollars a bar, I'm sold.  The hazard score emphasizes that fact. Oh, did I mention that it's fair-trade and cruelty-free?  To reiterate: SOLD.

1. Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One Hemp Peppermint Pure-Castile bar soap made with organic oils

HAZARD SCORE: 1

The previous score was 5.69

So, this is replacing a product with a score of 5, so we still have 16 products, with a total score of 87.

New Score: 5.44

Great changes!  I'm not going to call it a 5 just yet, though.

No comments: